Commitment to Sustainability
Read more about MIFF’s commitment to sustainability
Shaping the furniture industry towards a sustainable future
The Malaysian International Furniture Fair (MIFF) is part of Informa Markets and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment. We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running MIFF gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially, and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our industry improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
Our three sustainable aims
Learn about our aims to a sustainable future
Help our industry through inspiring sustainable development
We focus on
- Using our content to support the sustainability of the market the event serves
- Inspiring our suppliers, exhibitors and other stakeholders to deliver a sustainable event
- Developing market relevant partnerships
Run the event in an increasingly environmentally responsible manner
We focus on
- Reducing our event’s carbon emissions
- Creating less waste
- Considering sustainability credentials of the items sourced for the event
Run the event in a socially responsible manner
We focus on
- Doing business safely and ethically
- Considering wellbeing and accessibility
- Creating a positive impact on our host cities
- Measuring our impacts
MIFF's commitment towards a sustainable future
- Paperless registrations to our event.
- Digitizing show directory to avoid excessive printing.
- MIFF Furniverse – for those who can’t make it physically, this virtual platform aims to bridge the connection between trade buyers and exhibitors, to share knowledge and do business.
Reducing Carbon Footprint
- Reducing local traffic congestion by offering shuttle bus services to-and-from our venues.
- Promote official hotels located near the show venues.
- Powering the event with renewable energy.
- Water refill stations around the show venues to reduce the use of plastic bottles.
- Recycled packed box materials is used for packed meals & beverages.
- Recycling bins are provided on the show floor.
- Ensuring the carpet, signage, lanyards, woven bags, papers and other stationaries used at the event are made from recycled materials and it is recycled or reused at the end of the event.
Malaysian International Furniture Fair (MIFF) is part of Informa Markets and the Informa Group. Sustainability at Informa focuses on the long term impacts we have on customers, colleagues, the communities we work in and the environment. For this reason, Informa developed the FasterForward approach to sustainable business.
Informa’s aim is to become an ever more sustainable, positive impact business. Through the FasterForward programme, we are embedding sustainability into everything we do and seizing opportunities from helping our customers and markets do the same.
FasterForward is a structured three-part programme with ambitious commitments and a wide range of activities, covering Informa’s business operations, our brands and products and our broader community impact.
When it comes to sustainability, we’re moving FasterForward.
Sustainability in Informa Markets
At Informa Markets, many of our stakeholders are clearly telling us that sustainability (social, economic and environmental) is something that is no longer a nice to have but a necessary part of any event. We want to make sure we’re meeting those expectations and we believe that being sustainable is the right thing to do.
We also recognise that it’s not just about the way we produce our events and products but recognizing that we have a role to play in providing a space to work in partnership together with our markets to inspire the sustainable development of the industries we serve. This is an ongoing process for us and we’re looking for ideas of how we can improve.
More information about our work so far can be found at https://www.informa.com/sustainability
including our latest sustainability reports.